The fleshy, tropical fruit complexity of Galaxy hops (often described as passionfruit, peach and citrus) meld seamlessly with mango while the juicy, apple notes contrast the intensity of peppers. As a pairing, Hop’n Mad Apple’s off-dry finish, with touch of sweetness, serves to tame the heat of the dish.
Makes one batch of salsa
- ¼ Cup Angry Orchard Hop’n Mad Apple
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ Cup red onion, small diced
- ½ Cup roasted piquillo peppers, small diced
- ¼ Cup scallions, sliced
- ¼ Cup mint, chopped coarse
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped coarse
- 2 habanero peppers, charred, deseeded, and minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and marinate for 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and serve with either grilled fish or as an appetizer with fried chips.