Angry Orchard Summer Honey’s fresh apple aroma/flavor, complement the fresh, juicy pineapple while the top-notes of wildflower honey accentuate the vanilla sweetness of the cake. Summer Honey’s off-dry sweetness marries nicely with the cake and caramelized notes of roasted pineapple while the bright acidity and clean finish brings out the fresh pineapple flavor and refreshes the palate.
Makes 1 Cake
- ½ Cup Angry Orchard Summer Honey
- 1 (18 oz) box yellow cake mix, prepared per the instructions on the box
- 1 ½ Cups dark brown sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 ea, whole pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into ½ inch slices
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Combine butter, sugar, cider, vanilla, and salt together in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly to ensure the mixture is emulsified.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the bottom or a greased 9x13 inch-baking dish.
- Make an even layer of pineapple slices in the bottom of the pan and place in a 400-degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour in the prepared cake mix.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake following the instructions on the box.
- Once the cake is finished remove from the oven and invert onto a large baking pan.
- Allow the cake to cool before cutting and serving.