The sweet/tangy side to Angry Orchard Green Apple Cider provides the perfect complement for the rich pork flavor of a bratwurst.
Serves 2 Adults
- 1 Bottle Angry Orchard Green Apple, divided
- 4 Each bratwurst
- 1 Each green apple, cut to matchsticks
- 1 Each small red onion, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, bring bratwurst and 1 cup Angry Orchard Green Apple Cider to a simmer.
- Cook until sausages are heated through, and cider reduces to a glaze. Keep warm.
- While sausages are cooking, whisk together remaining cider, mustard, and oil in small bowl.
- Toss green apple, red onion, and thyme (if using) with vinaigrette.
- Serve bratwurst topped with apple/onion salad.