Using Angry Orchard Crisp Apple in this dish takes it to the next level, enhancing the apple flavors and lending an overall brightness to the grilled cheese. The cider along with the apple jelly contrasts the richness of the cheese and helps bring out the overall apple flavor.
Serves 4 Adults
Ingredients (grilled cheese sandwich):
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 8 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 large fuji apple, peeled and sliced
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Ingredients (Angry Orchard hard cider jelly dipping sauce):
- 2 Tablespoons Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
- 1 Cup apple jelly
Directions (grilled cheese sandwich):
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- Build a sandwich beginning with bread (buttered side out), cheddar, sliced apples, cheddar, and ending again with bread (buttered side out).
- Place the sandwiches on the skillet and grill on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted, approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches from the heat and cut each into 4 pieces. Arrange on a platter to serve.
Directions (Angry Orchard hard cider jelly dipping sauce):
- Combine the jelly and cider in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a dish and serve alongside the sandwiches for dipping.