Angry Orchard Crisp Apple makes a great vinaigrette because of its bright acidity and sweet fruity flavors. Garlic, used in the vinaigrette, is very distinctive, and the cider helps to bring out more of the sweet side of the garlic than the tangy, pungent side. The shallot is used to contrast the sweet apple flavors in the dish, while the lemon juice brightens.
Serves 8 Adults
- ¼ cup Angry Orchard Crisp Apple
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Cup finely grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2 Tablespoon finely sliced chives
Ingredients (grilled vegetables):
- 1 Bunch green beans, tipped
- 1 Bunch fresh pencil sized asparagus, peeled and bottoms removed
- 20 fresh brussel sprouts, sliced in half
- 6 each baby carrots, tops removed, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 Cup snow peas
- 1 Cup sugar snap peas, tipped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, shallots, black pepper, salt, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple, and lemon juice. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk aggressively until the mixture begins to thicken into consistency of melted ice cream.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and adjust seasoning with more salt and lemon juice.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium high heat following the manufacturer’s instructions. Charcoal is preferred in this preparation.
- Combine all vegetables together in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt.
- Cook vegetables over the hot area of the grill, in a perforated grilling basket until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Some flare-ups will occur and this is encouraged for a smokier flavor.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and return to mixing bowl used to season them.
- Remove vinaigrette from the fridge and liberally spoon over vegetables. The cold vinaigrette will help to stop the vegetables from over cooking.
- Toss the vegetables in the vinaigrette and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with grated parmigiano and chives.
- Serve at room temperature.